1. When the room is in use for ML-II activities no unauthorised person is allowed to enter. All C1 related work can only be performed by those people that have permission from the Biological Safety Officer (BVF).
2. In the absence of authorised people the lab is to be locked.
3. It is prohibited to wear watches and jewelry when performing ML-II-related work .
4. Doors of the ML-II lab should be closed at all times. Open windows are forbidden. Verify that insects and other pests are not present in the lab.
5. Wear laboratory coats which are destined for ML-II work only.Do not take this labcoat outside the ML-II-room These labcoats have to be decontaminated before washing.
6. All experimentation (opening tubes, pipetting, pouring liquids etc) should be performed in the Class II Safety Cabinet. Use needles only if there is no alternative.
7. Pipetting by mouth is prohibited. Used pipets are collected in a disinfecting solution.
8. Clean and sterilize spills immediately. Report serious contamination immediately to the BVF.
9. It is prohibited to eat, drink or smoke, or to have cups, plates, mugs or silverware in the ML-II area.
10. Glassware and instruments that have been in contact with GMO's (Genetically Modified Organisms, GGO in Dutch) have to be sterilized or disinfected before being washed, reused or discarded. Biological waste has to be collected in autoclavable plastic bags, which are kept closed and autoclaved before discarding (use indicator tape to demonstrate that the bag was autoclaved).
11. Wash hands with soap after work and before leaving the room. Bench surface areas have to be cleaned and disinfected daily. Keep area clean and tidy.
12. Record the general nature of the work clearly in a lab journal.